Career and Life Skills
The Career Centre at Conestoga is your one stop for personalized support. Services and resources are available at no cost to the job seeker or graduate. We can help you meet your job goals. Connect with us them you would like assistance with:
- Finding new employment and career opportunities
- Creating a personal plan
Gaining a competitive edge by connecting with Conestoga-affiliated employers
- Understanding the job opportunities in your local area
- Launching your career
Accessing free technology including computers and printers
- Completing applications to access financial incentives for returning to school
- Exploring training options to fit your needs
- Strengthening your skills with technology and how to make the most of it while looking for work
For services in Stratford, Perth and Huron Counties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-271-5700, ext. 7224.
The Stratford Public Library is equipped with computers for both adult and youth use. Computer use for adults and teens requires a valid library card and allows access for 2 hours per day. There are 6 two-hour stations and 2 quick-use, 15 minute, terminals located on the main floor.
Financial and Support
Ontario Works provides income and employment supports to people in temporary financial need. If you qualify, Ontario Works can provide you with:
- Financial assistance to help you cover the costs of your basic needs (e.g. food) and housing costs, and
- Employment assistance to help you prepare for and find a job.
You may also be eligible for health benefits for yourself and your family, including drug and dental coverage.
Learn more: stratford.ca
Income supports for people in financial need who have permanent disabilities or disabilities expected to last longer than one year * employment supports are available and provided by community service providers.
- Call: 519-271-1530
- Visit: 63 Lorne Ave E, Suite 1A Stratford, ON
Legal Aid Ontario provides legal services and resources for low-income people. Their services include:
- Criminal legal issues
- Family legal issues
- Refugee and immigration legal issues
- Domestic violence
- Legal clinics
- Mental health legal issues
Learn more: legalaid.on.ca/legal-aid-offices/stratford-legal-aid-office
The Huron Perth Community Legal Clinic provides free legal services for low income residents of Huron and Perth Counties. They give people living on a low income free legal services for certain problems.
- give you legal advice
- help you fill out forms
- represent you at some tribunals and courts
- refer you to other agencies when we can’t help
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7, national support service. We offer professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people in both English and French.
- Text CONNECT to 686868
- Call 1-800-668-6868
Good2Talk provides free, confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia
- Call 1-866-925-5454
- Text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
A peer support service offered through telephone, texting, and live chat for 2SLGBTQ youth up to age 29. All volunteers are trained peer supporters ages 16-29 with a diversity of 2SLGBTQ+ identities and lived experiences.
Connect to a crisis responder to get help without judgement.
- Call 1-833-456-4566 (24/7/365)
- Text 45645 (4pm to Midnight)
Services include brief individual and family counselling, as well as referrals to other community resources including addictions support, housing and other health and mental health services.
No appointments are required and services are first-come, first-served.
Learn more: splibrary.ca