Come join us - We are walking on
Saturday February 23rd, 2019!
Coldest Night of the Year is a family-friendly walk to raise awareness and funds for the hungry, homeless, and hurting. Over 80 communities across the county participate.
Shelterlink is hosting another walk on Saturday February 23rd, 2019!
Please join us by:
- Entering a team
- Joining a team
- Inviting your friends
1) Go to the Shelterlink’s event page;
2) Review the teams and determine if you’d like to join or start a team;
3) Click ‘Register’ (at the top of the page);
4) Click “Start/Join a Team;
5) Click either ‘Start a Team’ or ‘Join a Team’;
6) Go through the six simple steps to register.
*This year you can also register and track your pledges by downloading the new CNOY app for Android/iPhone, check it out by clicking here.
If you have any trouble, please call Shelterlink (519-272-2294) and ask for Morgan or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stratford/Perth Shelterlink, with the assistance of Blue Sea Philanthropy, organized Coldest Night of the Year walks in 2015, 2016 and 2017. We are looking forward to a fourth walk in 2018.
To read more about past events, check out these articles:
- Cold Out There – Stratford Beacon Herald
- Coldest Night raises $18K for Shelterlink - Stratford Gazette
- Coldest Night of the Year 2015 - SNAP Perth
- Coldest Night of the Year 2016 – SNAP Perth
- A cool way to help – Stratford Beacon Herald
- A warm response – Stratford Beacon Herald
Thank you to:
- Everyone who walked
- Our volunteers:
- Rotaract Club of Stratford members
- Knox Church Kitchen Staff
- Shelterlink staff
- Our Lead Sponsor:
- Our Event Sponsors:
- Mornington Communications
- Stratford Nissan/Subaru
- Vancea Financial Group
- Libro Credit Union
- Our Distance Sponsors:
- Coventry Animal Hospital
- Home & Company Real Estate
And our other sponsors:
- Madelyn’s Dinner
- Revel Cafe
- Guenther’s Bakery
- Everyone who donatedThe Scotiabank team who have continued to support us each year at this event
- Everyone who talked about our event and raised awareness about homelessness in our community
The money raised helps staff to assist homeless youth or youth at-risk of becoming homeless through our shelter (LOFY) and outreach programming.